To setup the connector between SecurEnds and Okta, you will need to create an API token. API tokens have the same permissions as the user who creates them, and if the user permissions change, the API token permissions also change.
- Copy/Save the Okta Domain specific to your instance of Okta
- Format example of Okta domain: XXXX.okta.com
Create an Okta Token #
- Login to Okta with credentials that have admin level access
- Access the API page:
- If you use the Developer Console, select Tokens from the API menu
- If you use the Administrator Console (Classic UI), select API from the Security menu, and then select “Tokens”
- Select Create Token.
- Provide a Name for your token and select Create Token.
- Copy/Save the Token for use when setting up the application within SecurEnds
- Note, this is the only opportunity to view and save the token