What is identity governance and access life cycle?
Enterprises have sensitive data stored and accessed through applications, databases, network devices, files and cloud apps in multiple business applications around the world. Identity governance is a mechanism to identify who has access to sensitive data and applications to prevent unauthorized users and orphaned users across the enterprise. Identity governance enforces access life cycle management process, right from granting access and periodically reviewing access privileges and revoke access privileges when user terminated. The process enables a centralized system where you have a workflow to manage user access privileges and entitlements at a single place for internal governance and auditing and for an external audit to review the user access controls.
Identity governance requires complete view off when user created, who has given access privileges, who is monitoring user privileges, entitlement and who is revoking access to these users. Identity governance and identity access management are two different product lines identity governance deals with access control compliance and user privileges and entitlement reviews. The identity governance is so important in the corporations to get a complete view of user privileges crossed the enterprise to minimize security breaches with insider threat.
There are many tools in the market to focus on access management like Okta, Oracle identity management and IBM access management but these tools manage authentication and authorization of user access. However, enterprises have many systems and endpoints that may have not integrated to access management system. Access to these systems are given by their managers independently. So, there is a security gap in your security stack where you may not have governance and who is providing access to those applications and who is revoking access to these users when employee or contractor or partner change their roles.
Have you ever realized users having access to sensitive data who don’t need it because they no longer in the company or they have changed the roles? This is the biggest problem that companies are facing to meet compliance controls for access management to improve security and meet audit requirements for external and internal auditors.
SecurEnds Identity Governance and Access Control
There is a way to implement identity governance for enterprise systems even if they are not integrated with the access management system or single sign-on systems. SecurEnds identity governance and access control compliance product integrates with any system in the enterprise to create access control workflow by integrating with endpoints such as Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Salesforce, SAP, AWS, Azure, Google Drive, Dropbox, GitHub, Jira, ServiceNow, etc.
This product can be configured to extract user credentials and entitlement details from endpoints both manually and automatic and matches with the HR user data to create IAM users at a centralized repository for managers to review. It provides identity governance to the user’s access reviews and allows updates to the user access privileges to complete the access management workflow.
Key features of the product to show evidence for managing Identity Governance and Access Control for Information Security Compliance
- Manage and track access provisioning for new users
- Limit users and access points to confidential data
- Consolidated view of user access rights
- Periodic user access and entitlement review
- Eliminate unauthorized or orphaned users
- Manage user access de-provisioning
- User access certification
- Provide evidence of compliance in the audit process
Key product differentiating factors
- Disruptive product for Identity and Access Governance for all enterprises
- Rapid implementation/customization in few weeks; both cloud and on-premise options available
- Most Identity governance solutions need 18-24 months installation/customization and cost millions of dollars compared to our solution
- Cost-effective solution to meet governance and compliance
- Complete Access Life Cycle including Credential Entitlement Management for all applications, databases, network devices, and operating systems
- Easy to leverage the product for short term projects including SOC2, PCI, SOX or HIPAA compliance
- Evaluate access controls for potential target companies during M&A
- Close the gap in your enterprise with Identity governance and compliance for systems that are integrated as well as those that are not integrated into Identity Access Management systems.