Manual and Automation Tester Bangalore
We are looking for a seasoned Automation Engineer who can architect end-to-end behaviour driven testing (BDT) set up from the ground up for a React.js web application built on restful microservice principles. Extensive hands-on experience implementing Cypress, Cucumber.js, Selenium, Jest and/or other compatible test frameworks/tools with emphasis on cross-browser and cross-device compatibility along with responsive design. Strong domain and analytical skills to translate end-to-end business/end user scenarios into gherkin style scripts and run as part of QA test automation strategy. Acquaintance with various plugins for integration with test automation in a CI/CD pipeline to generate detailed automation test reports. Prefer to have worked in a cloud hosted environment. Must be self-motivated, a strong team contributor, problem solver, and eager to learn new skills while taking pride in testing quality software.
- Work closely w/ product owner, front end and backend developers to develop automation tests and detailed test plans based on product requirements. Do the upkeep of same tests.
- Participate in various aspects of testing including functional, regression, load and system testing.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Generate test reports tailored to different audiences like fellow technology team, leadership, customer for when audits etc.
- Compile detailed technical documentation and user assistance material, requiring excellent written communication.
- Ability to take ownership of functionalities as appropriate.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on experience in QA end-to-end automation of web applications that have a significant UI footprint.
- Knowledge of both Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) as well as Gherkin specifications and their application.
- Architect end-to-end behaviour driven testing (BDT) set up from the ground up for a React.js web application.
- Automated Testing with Cucumber and/or Selenium/Understanding of services (example: REST), JSON and XML data formats.
- Knowledge of software testing practices, including test planning, test automation – UI and API, defect management.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic environment.
- Good to Have: Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
- Good to Have: Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
- Good to Have: Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies (e.g. In the Wild testing).
- Minimum qualification required B. Tech, M. Tech or MCA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Three to Four years of related experience required.
Duration: Full Time
Available to join: 2-4 weeks