Most of the companies are affected by regulatory compliance obligations and are subject to industry regulations, such as HIPAA or PCI or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) or GDPR and other regulations.
Companies face a multitude of security compliance for many regulations and governance. The core of security compliance is access control. You need to ask key questions regarding the access control for applications, databases, network devices, and cloud.
- Can you certify user access controls and easily manage complaint reports for audit while you’re supporting the audit process?
- Can you easily provide access control reports for compliance with regulations?
- Do you do periodic reviews of user access and entitlements?
- Can you review the access privileges for employees/contractors/partners when they change roles?
- Can you make sure you don’t have unauthorized or orphaned users?
- Can you protect users to have excess privileges to have access to sensitive data?
Your company may be using an Identify Access Management system to manage users to access data. But, can you certify user access controls and provide evidence of compliance with periodic user access and entitlement reviews and eliminated unauthorized users and orphaned users in the audit process?
To keep track of user access controls, user access and entitlement reviews, track the user from the user creation to deletion and granting access to revoking access.
Key points to show evidence for managing Access Control for Information Security Compliance
- Manage and track access provisioning for new users
- Limit users and access points to confidential data
- Consolidated view of user access rights
- Periodic user access and entitlement review
- Eliminate unauthorized or orphaned users
- Manage user access de-provisioning
- User access certification
- Provide evidence of compliance in the audit process
Schedule a demo if you are interested to see SecurEnds products and services that can help your company with IT Security Access Control Compliance.